Monday, April 15, 2013
We have internet!!!
We drove to Barahona today. We were so glad for Kelsey and Desiree's help. Gray was a nervous wreck! The Morey was coming out ;)
Barahona I will admit is a little scary but if you walk like you own it most just stare cause your white...(Yanni that joke is for you)
We went to a grocery store and got as many groceries as we could fit. Chris and Lisa dont come back for 6 more weeks so we are trying to stock up. We can get some things in our town Duverge but other things we must travel. One of those is the internet and cell phone. Good thing for Kelsey who recently got the same internet we want cause he basically told the customer service rep what his company offered. They get paid by the hour for just sitting in the store not for their overwhelming display of customer satisfaction. Our new "life" phrase is 'if you want something done quickly dont live in Dominican' LOL
So grocery shopping is a whole day event, you come home and have to wash everything. So it all takes more time then back home.
Currently email is the best way to communicate, but keep in mind our power can go off at anytime and thus we arent ignoring you its just we have no power. Our new cell number is 829-410-2319. We get free incoming calls so its also a means to communicate.
We have been trying to send some of this hot weather your way, cause its only April and its HOT!!
Each day we tackle the termites (we will win) and OH!! I forgot, last night it rained and because we have very large gaps under our doors we awoke to find 3 rather large geckos in our house taking cover. I shrieked when i saw one, he didnt seem impressed cause man do they move fast!
Here are the dead termites we collect throughout the day....Gross!
Over all I think we are adjusting. We still dont have a couch, or a table, or much of anything but we are content. Gray has said that I can order a washing machine from the capital....I am so excited, no washing clothes by hand! You do laundry here about 5 times a week. You sweat so much that everything has to be washed more frequently. I am really grateful that I will be getting a washing machine.
Miss you all!
Here is Stefanie and Alfredo, they are the couple that picked us up at the airport and took care of us in the capital.
This is their jeep that we filled to the roof!!!
This is the view from our front door
This is the view from my kitchen window, everyone knows my love of dishes now I love them even more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment