Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ant attack!!!

We officially moved into our home yesterday so we are not on line yet. We hope to get our internet up and running tomorrow, we have to go to Barahona to do this. It seems our little town is to lazy to hook us up. So we unpacked, and most of my cloths are sitting on a plastic chair...its better then the floor! Cause the termites have still been occupying our home...so we are still on bug detail. So we went to the meeting last night, and after coming home we walked into our kitchen and found a swarm of red ants!! They were all over the counter infiltrating every space on the counter! So Gray and I went into attack mode!!! We quickly put the clean dishes away and began to spray the ants! So I was standing at the kitchen sink and helping Gray spray when all of a sudden I felt a crazy stinging on my hand. I looked down and saw two ants feasting on my baby finger!! Ouch!! It stung like crazy!! Later in the evening my finger swelled up and was so itchy! So although we won this battle I fear that we haven't won the war! Bugs are the only thing you can rely to come again and be on time...at meal time! But although things have been crazy around here Gray and I are having a great time. We have had some awesome experiences in service already, I really need to improve my Spanish! There is so much work to do here. We know there will be more hurdles ahead, but we can see already that Jehovah is holding our hand and helping us. We miss you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hola!! So glad to hear you are in your house. Very sorry they are "shared accommadations" LOL Although you are having hurdles, it seems the joys are already outweighing them. Make sure to keep your sense of humour. Jehovah's blessing! Miss having you guys closer but it's a sacrifice we are willing to make :):) Take care.

    ReplyDelete