Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Nothing ever happens quickly....
So we arrived in Duverge safely on Tuesday around 2pm. We met with our friends and went to go get the keys to our new home. This took about an hour to find where the caretaker lives, then we waited a half an hour for him to find the keys....you have to really be patient around here, otherwise you will go crazy. So once we got the keys in to the house, we realized that there was no furniture! We were supposed to have a furnished home....turns out that they were buying new furniture and hadnt purchased yet. So we told them that we would pay our rent when the furniture comes otherwise if we moved in they would take forever to get the furniture. So its Wednesday and we still have not moved into our house. Thankfully we have our friends here that we can stay with, but its been a very stressful and I have to admit that I am a little on edge.
Its hard to get in a routine when you are living from suitcases and you dont even remember where you packed everything!!
We are hoping to get our house tomorrow and get it cleaned and then move in by the evening tomorrow. But its Dominican time, so maybe by the weekend...LOL
We hope you are all doing well, we are having a great time. My Spanish is terrible but the friends here are so happy we came back.
I thought I would mention how hot it is here, when we went to the group this morning at 8:45 am it was already 37degrees!!
I have quickly adjusted to the cold showers! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Can we switch weather? were stuck with a rain storm . I want that weather now. It is better then rain. From Karenita
ReplyDelete