Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Never a dull moment in Duverge!


So we are always amazed at how many crazy things we encounter here. Every morning we drive by the dairy. This is where they fill people's jugs with milk. However the milk is straight from the cow and not pasteurized so I am pretty sure we would get very sick if we drank it. But the people here seem to like it, they line up every morning for it.







We also drive by the military office every morning. It is common to see several men standing on the street holding very large guns! While we have been in this country I have seen lots of weapons. There are no laws here so people can walk the streets with guns in the pockets and machetes in the hands. I think the only time I was nervous seeing a machete was the other day in service when a known CRAZY man came walking by us in service yelling something - normally this wouldn't bother me but he was carrying a machete!!

Fortunately he kept walking by, Jehovah was protecting us for sure!



So Gray called on this woman today who was holding this baby pig. Both Gray and I were wondering what was going to happen to Wilbur (we named the pig)....So Gray asked her where she was going to go with the pig....she said home to make him fat! Well the good news for Wilbur is that he will be alive for a little while.....I guess we shouldn't be surprised, but baby animals always look so cute and defenseless.





On my travels this morning I came across the cutest little puppies, this was just after a larger dog almost attacked me and the two sisters I was working with (the dog wasn't even the mother of the puppies). So after the householder got rid of the dog we were able to admire the puppies......there was a white one, a tan one, and a darker brown one....

An animal lover has to be very careful here because you will want to adopt every little puppy, kitten, baby goat, and baby pig that you see.


I know my heart strings have been tugged, especially knowing how well we treat our cats at home. They are spoiled!

So Gray and Chris made me go with them on one of Chris's bible studies. I almost got sick.....to get to his door we had to walk by a very large pig pen and it stunk so bad!!!! I really mean bad!!! Then when we arrived to his door, there was a bucket of cow legs and a fresh bucket of cow intestines. I had to pray immediately to Jehovah to help me hold it together, and I managed alright. The man that Chris studies with is very nice and is very interested in learning about the bible so it made breathing through my mouth worth it!

So I think I did pretty good job holding it together, but just once I almost gagged through the prayer when the breeze kicked up and I remembered the pig pen.

So at home in our nice clean Return Visits think of what poor Chris and Lisa have to smell sometimes being here.


No comments:

Post a Comment