We woke up to the neighborhood cow munching on our garbage. Usually the dogs are feasting but perhaps they were scared off from the cow. I can see why garbage day is everyday, imagine the smell and what the animals would be capable of if they had many days to eat the garbage left out by people.
All cows here eat garbage actually all animals eat garbage. No animal is fenced in so they are allowed to wonder in the fields and on the streets. So when the dairy cows are milked I can't imagine what the milk would taste like?! It highlights the truthfulness in the expression 'you are what you eat'.
Something here that I think anyone would struggle with is the mistreatment of the animals. Unfortunately the people here don't care about animals. Back home most pets are treated better then the family, and if ever you are caught mistreating an animal you get charged. But here no one cares and its hard to see what people do to living things. At least we know that one day Jehovah will bring justice and allow animals the peace and love that was intended.
On to happier subjects,
This morning we went to a small campos named Maya. Chris and Lisa go there every Wednesday morning to visit there bible studies. the congregation works this campos once a month on a Sunday.
Lisa has a very nice call named Diana. She is only in the first chapter of the Bible Teach Book but told Lisa today that she has read ahead and is on chapter 8. She told us that she has really enjoyed what she is reading and is very happy to learn more about the bible.
Gray and Chris did his calls and met some boys that are very creative. They made a pool table to play on.
as you can see the pockets for the marbles is made from plastic Croc shoes.
They were happy to have there photo taken beside there invention.
We have discovered that the children here are often very bad. They say and do very inappropriate things. Children are often not supervised or held accountable when they are caught doing something wrong.
So when we see boys using there time in a good way Chris and Lisa commend them for there creativity, especially they do this for the kids in the Kingdom Hall. It can be difficult for children because they are trying to do the right things.
I know we have talked about it before but Gray and I still haven't got used to the driving. This is literally what the road looks like while we are driving....cars are everywhere. Not to mention it is always NOISY here. Bikes have no exhaust neither do cars for that matter. Dogs are barking everywhere. Horns are going off repeatedly.
These two vans decided to just stop in the road, however it doesn't stop anyone as you can see the bikes keep going through and there is a car that is going to pass as you see in the next picture. All the Dominicans do is honk there horns and GO!!
I had to finish today's blog with one of my biggest accomplishments in Spanish. You will all remember Annamaria, she was one of my first calls and came right away to the meetings. Well today I conducted my first bible study in Spanish with Annamaria. Well, I should say that I was helped MUCHO (a lot) by Lisa. I did though surprise myself that I sometimes made sense and when I didn't Lisa explained. I even opened with a prayer in Spanish. As we were having our study Annamaria's sister Esther came and joined us too. She also seems interested in learning what the bible teaches. As we left I felt great at what I have been able to accomplish, it is a very good feeling to learn another language and help someone.
We are going to miss how busy we are in the ministry here.......and how satisfied you feel at the end of the day.





No comments:
Post a Comment