We worked territory today, it was very hot today no breeze. I was assigned to work with Rosadella.
She is 17 years old and very sweet. She was so nice to work with, she helped me speak Spanish and never made me feel silly when I spoke broken sentences.
Gray has been able to get some photos of me preaching, he is a little jealous and wants one for himself, so maybe on Tuesday I will carry the camera :)
We took some pictures of us in the territory as we rested under a tree to take notes. I had some really nice people to talk to today. One woman welcomed me and Rosa into her home, but after some discussion she said that its her parents that live here not her. But she immediately gave us directions so that I could come back and talk to her again. I am having the time of my life, the people here so much fun!!!
So we were invited to Veronica's house for lunch, she is Ismael's mom. Ismael was the brother Gray worked with yesterday. We had such a good time there. Veronica told Gray and I to always just speak correcto or no correcto, and they will understand. They have been so kind and encouraging to us in our attempts at learning Spanish.
Sunday's are Chris and Lisa's most favorite because after they have their siesta they relax.....we talked and hung out and we are going to have dinner and a movie tonight. Although we were relaxing there is never ending things to do, we did laundry (takes many hours cause you dry outside) and we chopped vegetables for dinner and for lunch tomorrow. Lisa and I talked about our great memories from growing up and how much we enjoyed having so many good friends surrounding us.
Gray undertook the TOILET problema......and made Chris his little helper, so as we have discovered nothing here works properly in Dominican. You buy a part here and you really hope it will fit, SOOOOO as you can now imagine the parts Gray planed to use didn't quite fit...but he managed. The apartment looked like this for about 3 hours...............
The GREAT news is that Chris and Lisa are the only residents in all of Dominican that have a full working, not leaking or unflushing toilet!!!!
We are all happy with this new addition to the apartment as it will make our stay and their life much better.
Well off to eat Nachos...YUMMY....and watch our movie.
Tomorrow is a FUN Day in our calender so we will be going on a tour of the area and ending somewhere at a beach. To our families and friends we hope you are all doing good, Chris and Lisa are taking good care of us, it will be hard to leave......





No comments:
Post a Comment