Lisa and I worked together, and we were sent to the indoor market (we will take a picture tomorrow). Lisa talked to a man who used to be Evangelical, and he listened intently to her presentation. Because the CO was giving the talk we also invited whomever we talked to, to come to the meeting.
Gray worked with a brother named Ismael. He is very nice and very intelligent. He has learned Creol to help teach all the Haitians in Duverge. Gray would preach to the Spanish and Ismael would preach to the Haitians. They made a great team this morning as most markets are employed by many Haitians. When we returned to the car after the morning Gray was on Spanish cloud nine.
Lisa and I continued by going around the block and we found a young women sitting at her mothers little tienda (little store) turns out she is still in high school. This was my turn to talk, as we smiled at her she immediately grabbed two chairs for us to sit. I went through my presentation and read a few scriptures with her and after offering her the latest magazines I also too invited her to the meeting.
After lunch we had a siesta....LOVE this country!!!
The congregation that we are attending has 32 publishers, and by the end the final count was 89 in attendance.
It was incredible, many of Lisa's and Chris' bible students came to the meeting. Some Haitians as well, although they do not usually understand Spanish they appreciated the importance of the bible and will come anyways. Remember the man that Gray and Chris talked to yesterday who said " he loves God, baseball but mostly God" HE CAME TO THE MEETING!!!! You can see that what he did say was true. Most of them come with there bible and are ready to follow along during the bible discourse.
So many just came in throughout the whole meeting, it seemed to never end. The two attendants were barely sitting down all night.
Remember the young girl I witnessed to on the street???/ SHE CAME TO THE MEETING!!!!!!
I was so happy to see her, Chris and Lisa said that it is unusual for Dominicans to come to meetings, it often takes them many months before they come. But after only one conversation, and limited as I am in speaking spanish She came!!!
her name is Annamaria and she wanted all my amigos in Canada to meet her. We have arranged to have our study on Tuesday. I am on such a high from the excitement.
Here are some of the pictures of the meeting in progress, the kingdom hall is really new. it was rebuilt in September 2008.
When I came I felt overwhelmed and really thought can I really do this??? To me it seemed that we had tried and we had really done all we could and that it was time just to go back to english. But after today any effort we demonstrate will always be blessed!!!!!
And Gray and I have a new found zeal for our adventures in spanish. The territory here and the interest has been so encouraging.
Gracias a Jehova por todo!!





No comments:
Post a Comment