Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Could this day get any better?!!

I have been trying to shower at night because the water is usually warmer, as it has sat in the water tank and the sun has made it kinda warm. But we got home last night pretty late so I decided to just shower this morning....WOW....it was sooooo COLD!!!!














 After the million goosebumps subsided we left for the day in service. We walked to a territory far from the Kingdom Hall it was kind of like the country for them because


 


there was farm land surrounding the houses and the houses were not on top of each other.








 It was a challenge today because there wasn't as much shade, so I got a little color today and the sisters tonight were reminding me to wear my sunscreen....well there is always tomorrow !






 We met many goats along our journey, and little baby goats too. These ones are having a healthy diet of a garbage bag! Yes this is mostly what all there animals eat, ANYTHING on the road in the yards, its rather sad to think that animals aren't really important to people.




I worked with Yoanni, she is one of the 5 regular pioneers in the Duverge congregation.(she is on the far right in this picture)

 She is very nice and I really enjoyed working with her. She helped me at the door when I needed help, and she was so kind and gave me many compliments.  The congregation here is so loving, they really care about people and helping them in anyway that is needed.



Gray worked with a brother named Joaquin. He kept Gray really busy because he loves to talk to everybody. He is in top row far right.

These are some of the brothers in the congregation:
Front row Left to Right: Melido, Jose, Jesus, Joann, Sam.
Back row Left to Right: Gray, Chris, Luis Carlos, Ismael, Joaquin.


At around 12 noon we went to visit Rut, she is a bible study of Lisa. when we arrived she was all ready for us, with chairs and her books. So we were about to begin when she said "Lisa Yo tengo preguntas por usted?" (I have some questions for you?)

She is very intelligent and is really thinking about what the bible says. We discussed her questions for an hour and have to have our study another time. Dominican's are just craving the information that we offer its incredable!

So lunch and siesta......


We went back out to visit more of our return visits and some of our bible studies. Remember my call that I talked to on Saturday? the one that came to the meeting after our first conversation???/ Well, you all better sit down for this experience.

So I arrived at her house at 4:30pm, we pulled up in the car and immediately the shutters opened and a hand waved at us. When I walked up to the door Annamaria's mother was at the door with chairs all set up in the living room. She invited us in right away and said that Annamarie is just getting ready and that she was expecting us and that she didn't want to miss us so her mom was on the watch for us!

So I sat down and we went through the beginning portion of the Bible Teach book....it was awesome, she thought about the questions she answered from her heart, she brought out her bible and marked the verses we read so she could find them again. I gave her the Bible Teach book and explained that she needs to review the information and underline the points that answer the question. She asked me if I would like her to look up the scriptures and note down the main points!!!!  Can you believe it, write down the main points!!!  I was so excited about this study its been so long since I have had some one that was actually interested in talking about the bible.


I thought my day couldn't get any better, but as we were sitting in the meeting Annamaria showed up AGAIN!!  I din't even invite her, she read the invite to the meetings and wanted to come. She followed along through the whole meeting and when Gray was giving his part she put her hand up to read a scripture!!!

Could this day get any better!!!







Gray gave a part tonight in the Kingdom Ministry about the two scriptures and how they apply to the ministry. He did a wonderful job, everyone after was giving him fist bumps (which are very popular here) The brothers were very supportive and commented a lot so that he didn't feel nervous at all.





Lisa and I gave the demonstration for the memorial invite. I did alright, but tonight was Gray's night to shine. I really think that we will have a really hard time to leave here. We are both having so much fun......


1 comment:

  1. I am really enjoying reading your experiences. Gray, this is pretty short notice, but any chance I could steal... I mean you could give some of your points that were such a hit? I got the same part tonight

    ReplyDelete