Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"You come home tired but satisfied"

Today was a full day in the service. We began at 9am stopped briefly for lunch and our siesta and were back out from 4-8:30pm



Lisa taught me an expression "You come home tired but satisfied" and how true that was today. Gray and I accompanied Chris and Lisa on there bible studies this morning. What a great time we had. One call that Chris and Gray did was on a Haitian man, he was so full of questions that they barely had time to even go over the material that they had planned to discuss.








I met so many nice people today, they love Chris and Lisa. As you walk through some of these campos (small cities)they all recognize them and say HI!! This was where we worked this morning.







One of the homes of a bible student. You can see why the promises in the bible are received with such exciement. When we read in Isaiah they we will 'build houses and have occupancy" and Psalms says 'there will be an abundance of grain'

These people recognize that the world will change by means of God's Kingdom because they see first hand how corruption and greed prevent man made governments from giving the people everything.




I am overwhelmed at the extreme generosity of the brothers here.They have so little yet they have welcomed us in and have been more generous than we deserve. Most of the congregation has come into the truth because of all the work here that Chris and Lisa have done. It is not surprising then to see that our brothers here act just like our friends in there kindness and acts of showing love.

Today we had the pleasure of sharing our lunch with a family that Chris and Lisa studied with. These brothers work so hard, there is no part time work here they all have to work full time if they want a job. So most either work 7-3 or 2-9pm every day except Sunday's for some. But many of them regular and auxiliary pioneer. And if some can't do that they come in service at least 2 mornings a week. Their zeal has really opened my eyes to what we say and do back home. We really have it so easy and have few huge obstacles to overcome. Yet often we find excuses for ourselves, this experience reminds me of Peter who said to Jesus 'be kind to yourself Lord'

These brothers could easily say that !! But rather they do MORE!! and I am humbled by them. this experience has changed our lives.

There really is so much work that still needs to be done here, today I went with Lisa on one of my return visits. I started in the Bible Teach book we have gone through the introduction and will be beginning Chapter 1 next week. When I found her at home she was busy and I thought that she tell me to come back, but the opposite happened, she stopped working and came to talk to us.

We are so grateful for how much Chris and Lisa have been helping us. Their schedule is very jammed with things yet they have made us feel very much at home, and have given us much time and attention. I know how tired I am and they have to do so much more. But I have seen first hand how much Jehovah has blessed them!



No comments:

Post a Comment