Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Is that a bird? Plane? No its a Royal Turkey!!!

Today was a vacation day and Chris and Lisa were so kind to take us to another beautiful spot. Its called Playazul. Its a hotel owned by a family from France. Its about 45 minutes from Duverge and is amazing.


The owner allows us to just buy a meal and then we can use the pool area for the rest of the day. So we arrived around 12 noon got a little bit of sun and a swim and had a great lunch at the restaurant.


This is the pool area and its hard to see but you can actually see the ocean.







This is the concrete stairs that take you down to the beach. The ocean was very aggressive today so we weren't able to sit down there but we only walked down to take a look.





This coast line has so much potential, you can certainly see that when the earth is transformed we will have so much to truly enjoy.


We had a very relaxing day, reading playing cards the guys played a game of chess. Gray abandoned the game half way through to continue to work on his tan so I took over for him. Chris won the game however I think Chris makes up his own rules about chess, I am going to have to google to be sure......he says that I was just a sore loser but I don't think so....LOL


Guess what happened again???!!!!
I don't think you will believe this but in the afternoon as we were sitting by the pool a couple walks by and says "Hi Chris and Lisa"

We couldn't believe it, here we are having another vacation day and we run into our brothers. This couple was friends of Chris and Lisa. They are need greater's to Dominican and live in an area that they are trying to establish. They see Chris and Lisa at the assemblies because they are in the same circuit together.

After we had a nice visit with them we all remarked at how its such a small world when you belong to such a great organization!!



 
So you are likely wondering what the title is all about, at this hotel there are some wild peacocks that live on the premises. In Spanish they are called "Pavo Real" which literally translates into English as Royal Turkey......we laughed at this because Peacocks are so vibrant and a turkey is really the last thing that we would think of to describe a Peacock.



 
So our drive home won't be complete without the feature of crazy people on the road. Today was a national holiday here in Dominican so people were out in full craziness. Motorcycles, cars and trucks were everywhere.

As you can see there are no rules on the road in this country.  So beside the truck (to the right) you can see two bikes what you can't see is that beside those two bikes is a huge tour bus in the other lane. So in two lanes there are 4 vehicles!! (but lanes here are only a suggestion because lines are never painted on the roads)

Chris has really adapted well to the driving, although you hear horns and have to use your horn all the time and bikes just come out of no where there is surprisingly few accidents. Chris says that they all some how just know what everybody is doing. I am not sure of this explanation but I am sure glad that I don't have to drive here!

We returned home safe and feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the weeks activities.


2 comments:

  1. It is so great to read your experiences - I feel like I am there all over again! Like you said it is a life changing experience and now when Chris and Lisa talk to you about their life there you will really understand and relate to what they are saying! I guess this is your last week?? Have a great last week (and thanks Gralyn for helping out Chris fix things! Maybe this way if me and Dennis go, Dennis won't have so much work to do! Chris can explain! :) )
    Love, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story about the chess game. Tell Chris he probably has the rules right, you really are a sore loser...remember the checkers game with Bill when you were 9??!!...LOL LOL LOL It looks like another awesome place you visited Monday. Hope you have another great week in service, can't wait to hear the experiences. Which day are you going to mom's when you get back??TTYL, your most favorite sister LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete